Department of Periodontology
“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts that lead to success and whatever one wants to achieve”.
With this quote and saying, We welcome you all to the Department of Periodontology and Implantology that was established in the year 2002 and ever-since it has grown by leaps and bounds in terms of its academic as well as practical work environment. Postgraduate course in the department was started in the year 2011 with the intake of two students in each batch. The department is well equipped with the latest equipments such as LASER, Dental loupes, Microsurgical instruments etc. and different type of procedures are performed by the students and faculty members on daily basis in the OPD eg:
- Oral Prophylaxis.
- Gum Surgeries.
- Periodontal Plastic Surgical Procedures.
- Crown Lengthening Procedures.
- Treatment of Black Gums.
- LASER and Electrocautery Assisted Procedures.
- Implant Placement and Sinus Lift Procedures.
- Ridge Augmentation Procedures etc.
Department of Periodontology and Implantology takes pride in stating that it has hosted National and State conferences like 43rd ISP National Conference, 4th ISP Colloquium, 18th IDA H.P. State Conference etc. The research oriented nature of the department faculty can be gauged from the fact that they have around 120 publications to their credit in journals of national and international repute.
- Dr. Baljeet Singh (Professor and HOD)
- Dr. Tarun Nanda (Professor)
- Dr. Deept Jain (Reader)
- Dr. Tanvi Ohri (Senior Lecturer)
- Dr. Vishesh Dhir (Senior Lecturer)
- Dr. Kanika Aggarwal (Senior Lecturer)
- Dr. Aastha Harnal (Senior Lecturer)